Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Thing 23: Summary of 23 Things

I've been impressed--it's often been eye-opening--with the amount and kinds of information, entertainment, and creative thinking on the Internet. I feel at the end of the day that I know more about where to find good books and book reviews, as well as author interviews; can find and explore some pertinent and lively discussions on blogs, podcasts, wikis; can use and follow tags to sort out my discoveries and input to such sites as Library Thing and Delicious; and can have as much fun as my kids in exploring You Tube or playing with an online Meez. And I also discovered some cool sites on the Web 2.0 awards list. It's been a bit rushed for me (I started in October) but well worth it, despite the sense of cramming for a test. On the negative side, I got bored with all the little info-"bytes," the time drain, and the facile content: you begin to feel all life begins with the worldwide web. Still, it was well worth the journey!

No comments: